This is a pretty dense cake that after a day needs to be reheated for a better consistency. I tend to keep it in the freezer. Cakes without eggs are difficult and this is the best I’ve been able to come up with.
- 130g Ghee (You can use Nuttlex but I haven’t been able to tolerate it since they changed the recipe)
- 1/2C Maple Syrup
- 1C Rice Flour
- 1C Tapioca Starch
- 2t Baking Powder
- 1/2t Vanilla
- 1/8t Zantham Gum
- 120-140ml Rice Milk
- Cream Ghee until white – it’s quite a bit harder than butter so takes longer. This is where I love my Kenwood Chef cos I can put it on and prepare the rest.
- Add maple syrup and continue creaming.
- Add Vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix together well – even better would be to sift it together.
- With the mixer on low slowly and alternately add the dry ingredients and the milk. The mixture should be quite firm.
- Pour into greased and floured loaf tin and bake for 25-30 mins on 180 degrees.
- You know it is done when it starts to come away from the edges of the pan or when a skewer comes out clean.
For a treat I’ll ice it with some ‘lemon’ icing
- 1C Icing Sugar
- 1t Citric Acid
- Sift together Icing Sugar and Citric Acid
- Add water slowly to get the desired consistency.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Soy Free, Low Salicylate, Low Amine, Low Fodmap